Corporate Correspondence Writer & Editor
Position: Corporate Correspondence Writer & Editor
Department: Corporate Communications
Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Temporary to Full-time Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Summary of Position
The corporate communications team at SkyPower is seeking an experienced, sharp and dynamic content writer and editor with a superior knowledge of government and corporate communications and for whom no task is too strategic, or too small. In other words, the candidate must have outstanding strategic communications messaging skills to write and edit anything from an email on behalf of the CEO to be delivered to internal teams all the way to an exceptional corporate annual report.
The candidate needs to be highly self-motivated, driven, resourceful, resilient and eager to learn skills to stay effective and efficient.
Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
- Experience writing white papers, articles, letters, press releases, high-level correspondence, blogs, website content, social media posts, speeches and collateral
- Organizational skills to prioritize work in a heavy deadline-driven environment with global, multi-functional teams in multiple time zones whilst meeting deadlines under pressure
- Superior written communication skills, strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well both collaboratively and independently
- Highly self-motivated, driven and resourceful
- Knowledge of communication methods and techniques, research practices, writing techniques, grammar, punctuation and spelling in order to research information and prepare responses to correspondence.
- Knowledge of editing practices and conventions, techniques for organization of text, and writing styles to edit copy and recommend writing and style guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills to research, write, proofread and edit correspondence material.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Developing, writing and editing content for all internal and external communication and marketing materials, including but not limited to: press releases, media kits, briefing notes, presentations, website and social media campaign copy, publications copy, advertising copy, letters, draft proposals, RFP’s, story boards for specific projects and speaking notes
- Conceive of, develop and roll out an internal learning curriculum to ensure consistency of the brand content including employee email signatures, welcome aboard template, speech wording, website content, letters to governments, press releases, handling media inquiries, etc.
- Manage CEO’s messaging platform to ensure clarity and consistency of messaging to key internal and external stakeholders
- Researching material utilizing the knowledge of key program staff and external information sources to ensure materials contain the most up-to-date, accurate information; undertaking data collection
- Fact checking and verifying the authenticity and accuracy of information with appropriate staff and stakeholders
- Maintaining a record of materials and standard key messaging to develop brand voice, ensuring that information provided is consistent with company and government policies and communication strategies, and conveying key messages that promote the company’s business objectives
- Ensuring the quality of content by conducting substantive edits, copyediting, and proofreading of content to ensure accuracy, consistency and accurate tone and voice
- 3+ years of professional writing experience
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Proficient command of English
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with a concentration in Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
SkyPower prides itself on a highly competitive compensation package, which includes:
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Incentive bonus plan based on individual and company performance
- Highly competitive employee benefits plan, effective from start date
Interested candidates can submit their resume with a cover letter via email, citing “Corporate Correspondence Writer & Editor” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to many areas of the organization and the opportunity to grow within a dynamic and agile company. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but please note that we will contact only those most qualified for this opportunity.